Tuesday 12 July 2016

XVII,

7 Things i've learnt when i turned 17.

1, 
Not everyone wishes you right at 12 midnight anymore, some may not even wish you; but that's okay. As i know very well inside my heart who are the ones who care and will stay by my side.

2,
Everything is temporary. After accepting this fact, life will get easier. It's no secret that people do come and go, voluntarily or involuntarily. What matters is holding on dearly to what you have at this very exact moment and try make it worthwhile as it lasts.

3,
You may be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world; but there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches. There's going to be haters - people who don't approve of or support you, but that's alright. You do what you think is right, you chase after what you really want. Don't let anyone stop you from doing otherwise.

4, 
When life throws you lemons, apples, pears and whatnot, you go make the best juice ever out of it. Life's not going to be easier, you just get stronger over the years. Don't be afraid of what's about to come, just give it your all and live with no regrets.

5,
The best thing to do when it rains, is to let it rain. Time's not going to stop for you; you make your own time for the things you want to do. Don't fight fate or go against your destiny, learn to accept it and make the best out of it.

6,
I want to be a writer. I never knew i had this passion inside of me until last year. I found what i really like to do and i'm going to keep on trying to improve myself and excel in it one day. Even though what i'm studying now has zero relation to my biggest dream... i'll still put in my all (maybe) and do my best.

7, 
It's time to grow up, but of course, i'll still keep the inner child in me and protect it well. I'm finally 17, only a year away from becoming legal. Studies get harder, and reality starts jumping in my face more often. Life is not about binge-watching barney and hi-5 at home anymore, it's not about sleeping as and when i want to, having the all the time in the world to read and play as much as i want to anymore. In just a few years, i'll have to go out into the working world, to be do working things and wear working clothes and have a working life. I'm not that little kid i was years ago, i'm just this close to becoming an adult, so obviously it's about time to act like one. I'm still going to have a fun life, do fun things and be a fun person, though.

Happy birthday to me. I hope i have a great one. 
Life is good, life is great.
(P.S. it's actually 0046 right now, on 13th July. I think Blogger got my dates and time mixed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment